Nancy Kelly Allen
Jun21, 2012 |
I just received notice that the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD has been given to me by Laura Sassi, children’s writer and poet. Laura’s blog, http://laurasassitales.wordpress.com/, includes writing tips and guest blogs from other children’s writers. Thanks for the nomination, Laura! I’m delighted to receive this award and to pass it along to others.
The rules for the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD are simple. First, thank the person who nominated you. Second, write 7 things about yourself that no one knows. Third, nominate several creative bloggers for this award.
SEVEN FUN FACTS ABOUT ME YOU NEVER (I mean ALWAYS) WANTED TO KNOW:
1. I love peanut butter in all shapes and forms. Crunchy? Yep. Smooth? Of course. Inside Reese’s cups? Definitely. On apple slices? You bet. In sandwiches? Duh. I lurve me some mashed up peanuts.
2. I usually begin new writing projects in a spiral notebook. Then when I know where they’re going, I transfer my notes to the computer. I have LOTS of spiral notebooks.
3. I love nature. Bugs, animals, trees, dirt, wind, birds…I love it all. (Which is probably why I also love science.) I have to confess, however, that I’m not that crazy about bodies of water, unless they’re fishing ponds where the bass are biting or our local pool. Guess I’m a landlubber at heart.
4. I adore reading aloud to my kids. There’s nothing like the shared experience of a great book. When we take driving trips, we stock up on books on CD from the library and let someone else read to all of us! We’ve read lots of great books that way. In fact, I associate many of our vacations with the book/books we listened to on the way there or back. Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky=The Hound of the Baskervilles. Salida, Colorado=The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z. Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota=The Bunnicula books.
5. I walk a lot. I try to get in five fast miles every day, either outside with my dog or on my treadmill. I do a lot of pre-writing when I walk. If I’m afraid I’ll forget an idea by the time I get home, I call my house and leave a message on the answering machine.
6. Dogs like me. The feeling is mutual.
7. I visit my local library at least once a week and usually more than that. Libraries rock!
TERRIFIC WRITING BLOGS I wholeheartedly nominate for the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD: (Please check them out.)
Nancy I Sanders’ blog: Blogzone–Practical Tips to Help Your Writing Dreams Come True
Nancy Kelly Allen’s blog: Writing Workshop
Rachel Hamby’s blog: Writing and Reading a Picture Book
Vijaya Bodach’s blog: Reading, Writing, & Ruminating
Angela Ackerman’s blog: The Bookshelf Muse